Pervaporation using ceramic HybSi® membranes can deliver a 30 to 50 percent energy savings relative to conventional distillation. Particularly striking is that this ceramic membrane can be used up to a temperature of 150°C , while the maximum temperature for polymeric membranes is around 100°C. As a result, ceramic membranes enable a fourfold increase in throughput, thereby cutting the cost of materials up to 75 percent. That means the proper application and use of ceramic HybSi® membranes for pervaporation offers significant advantages, as demonstrated by a recently completed ISPT/NL GUTS techno project.
International Scientific Conference on Pervaporation, Vapor Permeation and Membrane Distillation
Toruñ, Poland 12th – 15th May 2013
Aim of the conference is to bring together all researchers, companies and potential industrial end-users interested in pervaporation, vapor permeation and membrane distillation at theoretical and practical level.
PervatechBV is GOLD LEVEL SPONSOR of the conference. We will hold an oral presentation of the possibilities of our pervaporation membrane technology.
1. Fundamentals, theoretical description and modeling.
2. New membrane materials (polymeric/inorganic, mixed
matrix) and membrane modifications.
3. Applications – large scale, small scale, niche, membrane
4. Membrane ageing and fouling.
5. Potentials of Pervaporation/Vapor Permeation and MD techniques in
shale gas production and processing.
6. Environmental impact and economics.